Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Flare

Liquid diet thanksgiving!!! Fucking awesome. Maybe I'll just throw the tofurkey in a blender and suck it down with a straw. Thanks Crohn's! :).

I'm honestly not in a bad mood right now. I'm almost certain I will be in a few hours once the hunger kicks in and everyone in my family insists that try the pasta or some shit, but we'll see! My stomach has been going back and forth from waves of good to shitty. The weeks before this I was feeling good, but I just can't seem to keep my stomach there. On the plus side, I know what I need to do to get better. It just so happens that it does not involve eating food today, just liquids, then maybe some jello and yogurt tomorrow. This is the best thing I can do for my bowels right now, they need some rest. They told me so last night with some sharp pains and some nice watery stool. Mmmm.

Also, when I'm flaring, playing drums will sometimes make me feel worse. Taking a break from playing helps me feel better, but also turns me into an angry, cynical asshole. Also, a pretty big hermit. One of the better way for me to get out of these flares is to lock myself in my room and drink a shit-ton of water. Unfortunately, this will be impossible to do today, or even the next few days being that I have to practice for a show I'm playing on Saturday, but I still think I'll be alright.

I've been working on my PMA recently and really trying to focus on getting better. I'm slowly learning things I have to do and I've been taking note of shitty habits I have that make me feel worse. If I can get out of this flare without hospitalization an upping of meds I am rewarding myself with a tattoo. We'll see!

I forgot to post this the other day, but this is a picture I took in the hospital a few weeks ago when I got my hydrocelectomy. The doctor signed my leg that was on the same side of the hydrocele. I thought this was hilarious, because it was pretty obvious to tell what side that shit was on, but better safe then sorry!



I've healed up pretty well since the ball procedure. Not completely yet, but definitely getting there. Over time I've developed a pretty adequate case of hypochondria, so I'm a little worried that this will be a recurring problem throughout my entire life. Only time will tell, but the procedure wasn't that bad so I'm not too worried.

I'm pretty sure by Christmas time I will be well on my way out of this Crohn's slump. All I can really do now is look forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment